Sonatype, leading software supply chain management provider, recently released upgrades to its platform in the form of new product capabilities and refined product names. The changes hope to offer developer teams clearer security context, greater customization capabilities, and more organizational control, to be able to quickly and securely deliver innovative software at scale.
The new product features that enhance Sonatype’s industry-leading software supply chain management platform include:
- Simplified management at enterprise scale: Enterprises can easily onboard applications, inherit policy, and manage open source across a multi-level management hierarchy at scale in Sonatype Lifecycle. They can use Sonatype Nexus Repository Pro to reduce build times with a multi-install repository landscape.
- Improved user experience: Sonatype Repository Firewall accelerates component selection and automated policy enforcement with streamlined usability.
- Enhanced security policy management: Sonatype Lifecycle helps enterprises prioritize and maximize remediation efforts through intelligent policy creation and management, allowing them to tackle the most impactful security vulnerabilities first.
- Deeper insights and benchmarking: Organizations can efficiently make decisions with proprietary, data-driven insights by leveraging Sonatype Lifecycle’s additions—Migration Scorecards, Stack Divergence, and Nudges and Anomalies.
- Platform High Availability (HA): Sonatype Lifecycle and Sonatype Nexus Repository Pro empower enterprises to manage mission critical software with increased scalability.
- Containers for air-gapped environments: The addition of Dockerfiles for disconnected environments lets teams adopt containers in air-gapped networks more easily.
The evolution of the Nexus Platform into the Sonatype Platform better reflects the unique capabilities of the entire solution. Nexus Repository continues to maintain its steadfast brand reputation across its millions of users.
“Recent cybersecurity regulatory efforts, issuance of new rules and software liability guidance from governments and agencies around the world prove just how critical software supply chain management is. Organizations cannot innovate without full visibility into their software supply chains,” says Mitchell Johnson, Chief Product Development Officer at Sonatype. “By offering deeper intelligence and enhanced functionality, we’re empowering developers and engineering teams to find and fix risk earlier and innovate faster with safer open source. We’re proud to offer a state-of-the-art platform that is proactively evolving to address the needs of our customers, and are thrilled for what’s ahead.”
In addition to the new product features, the Sonatype Platform has also revamped its visual identity. Updated platform and product logos reflect the platform’s core functionalities of securing the software supply chain and reflect Sonatype’s mission of connectedness and empowerment.
“The demand for software supply chain management tools continues to skyrocket as cybersecurity threats grow in number and sophistication,” says Alex Berry, President at Sonatype. “This evolved platform illustrates our continued growth and commitment to helping organizations accelerate innovation without sacrificing security.”